SALAFISM IN THE LIGHT OF QURAN AND AHADITH
الحمد لله رب العالمين ، والصلاة والسلام على سيدنا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه أجمعين
In Allah’s (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) court on the Day of Judgment, either you are a Muslim or Non-Muslim. If your basic Islamic faith is not correct, you will be declared as non Muslim or Hypocrite (Munafiq) and treated accordingly.
We have described in this book the beliefs of
The book consists of two sections :
(i) How Salafis and their like minded groups are viewed in the light of Quran.
(ii) Prophet Mohammad'swarnings to Muslims about Salafis and their like minded Groups.
ALLAH (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) AND HIS ATTRIBUTES
The Correct Islamic faith about Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) is, ‘He is one, Independent (everything is dependent upon him), and He is free from the considerations of form, shape, face, limitation of any kind, exclusive or creature like'.
It is in Quran - قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ . اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ . لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ . وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ [ Say (O' Prophet ﷺ), Allah is one (and one all the way. His Being does not contain elements. He is not a compound). Allah is independent (everybody is dependent upon Him). He does not have children (He has not given birth to anyone). Nobody has given birth to Him. (Allah is there from the beginning and no one precedes Him). No one can match Him or can equal Him.] (Al-Ikhlas 1-4).It is in Quran - لَّا تُدْرِكُهُ الْأَبْصَارُ [Eyes cannot encircle Him.] (Al-An'aam - 104).
It is in Quran - لَيۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهِۦ شَىۡءٌ۬ۖ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡبَصِيرُ [ Nothing is like Him, and He is the Seer and Hearer (of all the things).] (Ash-Shura - 11).
Salafi worship a sky idol God. They call this Sky Deity as Allah. Their beliefs about their God are as follows.(i) Allah needs (They liken Him with His creatures in needing things), (ii) Allah is divisible, (iii) Allah is settled in a place, (iv) Allah has six directions, (i) up (ii) down, (iii) Left, (iv) right, (v) front, and (vi) back. He is sitting above the skies and His face is towards His Arsh. In other words they claim a physical body for their God. (v) Allah has a "Hadd" (limitation), no one but He Knows it. His place also has a "Hadd" (limitation) which is on His Arsh above the skies. These are two limits for Allah. (vi) Allah has a size of His physical body. They consider their God to be bigger than planets. (vii) Allah must be creating continuously, though He can choose what to create, but He cannot choose whether to create or not. (viii) Allah is not mixed with His creation, but is encompassing the world from a surface outside the borders of His creation. (ix) Allah has two real eyes, two real hands, a real face and other limbs like human beings. How are his limbs? This is known to Him only.
Any person with an average common sense will easily conclude that the above believes are nothing but idol worship.
The gist of the above beliefs is, Salafi God is a planet-size human like Idol with two real eyes, two big hands and face, physically sitting above the skies, his face is towards the Arsh. They worship this Idol 5 times a day during Salah. They claim that their God is physically siting above the throne (Arsh) without ever leaving it. Their God physically comes to the sky of the world towards dawn and listens to his creatures.
The creator of this Cosmos, and the real worshipable God is different from the Salafi Sky God. Quran testifies about Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) as follows.(i) It is in Quran - اللَّهُ نُورُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ [ Allah is the light (existence) of Heavens and Earth.] (An-Noor - 35)(ii) It is in Quran - لَّا تُدْرِكُهُ الْأَبْصَارُ [ Eyes cannot encircle Him.] (Al-An'aam - 104).
(iii) It is in Quran - لَيۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهِۦ شَىۡءٌ۬ۖ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡبَصِيرُ [ Nothing is like Him, and He is the Seer and Hearer (of all the things).] (Ash-Shura - 11).
(iv) It is in Quran - لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ [Whatever is in the Heavens and whatsoever is in the Earth belongs to Him. (Al-Baqara – 255).It is in Quran - وَلِلَّهِ الْمَشْرِقُ وَالْمَغْرِبُ ۚ فَأَيْنَمَا تُوَلُّوا فَثَمَّ وَجْهُ اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ [To Allah belong the East and the West. Wherever you turn, you will find Allah. (Allah is Omnipresent - existing everywhere every moment). Indeed Allah is all pervading (He is there throughout the Cosmos) and Omniscient (infinitely wise ).] (Al-Baqra – 115 )
It is in Quran - هُوَ الْأَوَّلُ وَالْآخِرُ وَالظَّاهِرُ وَالْبَاطِنُ ۖ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ [He is the First, and the Last, He is the Manifest (apparent) and the Immanent (hidden and actually present through out the material world) and He knows about all the things.] (Al-Hadeed – 3).It is in Quran - وَهُوَ مَعَكُمْ أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُمْ [Wherever you are, He is with you.] (Al-Hadid - 4).It is in Quran - وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ [And We are nearer to him (servant) than his jugular vein.] (Qaf - 16)It is in Quran - وَفِي أَنفُسِكُمْ ۚ أَفَلَا تُبْصِرُونَ [ And Allah's signs are in your own self, will you not then see. ] (Adh-Dhariyat - 21)It is in Hadith - Abdullah (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrated that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said : 'Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) is not hidden from you'. (Bukhari)It is in Quran - وَكَانَ اللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ مُّحِيطًا [And Allah encompasses all the things.] (An-Nisa - 126)
It is in Quran - كُلُّ مَنْ عَلَيْهَا فَانٍ - وَيَبْقَىٰ وَجْهُ رَبِّكَ ذُو الْجَلَالِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ [All that there is in the Cosmos shall vanish. The Countenance (stand alone) of your Lord (by Himself) shall endure, the Lord of Majesty and Glory’. (Ar-Rahman – 26-27).It is in Hadith - Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was asked "What is Ihsan?" He (the Prophet ﷺ) replied, 'Ihsan is to pray seeing Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ), and if you are unable to see Him (unable to focus our attention towards Him because of our too much attention on worldly things), know it well that He is seeing you.' (Bukhari, Muslim – part of the Hadith).
Salafis claim that their God is encompassing the world from a surface outside the borders of creation. And he comes down to the first sky everyday towards dawn. We do not understand when his body is so huge that it encompasses the Universe, then how come He reduces Himself to come down under His own creation. How come He is mixing up with His creations every night because the first sky is deep below other six skies and Arsh.
What a confused imagination!!
When someone tries to explain their misconceptions, they create a hue and cry and say this is 'Kalam' (use of mind / philosophy / Biddah). They behave exactly like Christians who believe in Trinity. When someone questions Christians how it is possible that there are three distinct Gods, the Father God, the Son of God and the Holy Ghost; and then all the three are one? They shout back and ask the person not to mix reasoning in religious beliefs.Salalfis and the like minded groups have deliberately misinterpreted Quranic verses and create a God of their own and have resorted to idol worship. When someones tries to explain them to learn Quran under the guidance of a Shaikh of Ihsan, they claim they can understand Quran by their self reading. This was the attitude of their founding Imams like Ibn Abdul Wahhab, Ibn Taymiyya, and others.It is in Quran - هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُّحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ ۖ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ ۗ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلَّا اللَّهُ ۗ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا ۗ وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّا أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ [ He (Allah) is He who has sent down to you (O’ Prophet – صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) the Book (Quran). Some verses of it are definite in meaning (Ayaat-e-Muhkamaat). These form the mother of the Book (the basic there in) and the rest are figurative (metaphorical) ( Ayaat - e - Mutashaabihaat ). But they, in whose minds there is a tendency to deviate from truth, take the metaphorical (verses in their literal / textual sense) craving discord, and craving to give them their own interpretation, although none knows the reality about them except Allah. And those who make it right approach to knowledge could only say 'we believe therein all that is from our Lord'. None can catch their significance except those gifted with insight.] (Aal-e-Imran - 7).
It is in Quran - وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّنِ افْتَرَىٰ عَلَى اللَّهِ كَذِبًا أَوْ كَذَّبَ بِآيَاتِهِ ۗ إِنَّهُ لَا يُفْلِحُ الظَّالِمُونَ [And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah or (he who) gives the lie to His communications (verses of Quran); surely the unjust will not be successful. (Al-An'aam-21).
To accept a body and limbs for Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ), whatever may be the kind – exclusively divine or creature like – is polytheism. Rather it is Idol worship.
Hindus got confused in understanding Allah’s (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) attributes. They believe different faces, limbs, shapes, bodies etc for their gods. They accept every attribute of Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) as different God.
The Christian accept 3 different Gods, (i) the Father God, (ii) the son of God and (iii) Holy Ghost whose roles and shapes are different from each other.
The Salafis/Ahle Hadith and like minded groups accept one Sky Idol God, with exclusive divine face, eyes, hands and Limbs.
All these theories are philosophical, fabricated by human mind and are totally against the basic faith of Islam.
Unless people have correct faith about Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) and Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) their chances of salvation on the Judgement are remote.
Salafis argue that they are accepting Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) is not like His creatures. Also accepting that creature attributes cannot be associated with him. But, in the same breath they associate all 9 physical characteristics mentioned above with Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ).
It is in Quran - They surely are not believers in Allah who say Allah is the third of the three (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost). (Al-Ma'idah - 73).
Similarly, how can someone treats himself a believer in Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) (meaning Muslim) when he claims that Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) has hands, face, eyes and direction (nauzubillahi).
Anyone with a normal common sense will conclude that Salafi beliefs are undeniably polytheism (Shirk).
The moment you talk of hands, face and other limbs for Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ), it signifies that you have given Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) a form / shape / body though you are afraid to accept it openly.
This behavior is hypocrisy, which is worse than polytheism.
It is in Quran - يُخَادِعُونَ اللَّهَ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَمَا يَخْدَعُونَ إِلَّا أَنفُسَهُمْ وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ - فِي قُلُوبِهِم مَّرَضٌ فَزَادَهُمُ اللَّهُ مَرَضًا ۖ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ بِمَا كَانُوا يَكْذِبُونَ [They seek to deceive Allah and those who believe. Nay, themselves do they deceive, though they are not conscious of it. There is a disease in their hearts; so Allah lets them increase their disease and for them there is a grievous torment for the false assertions they have made (Al-Baqara - 9-10).
It is in Quran - إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ فِي الدَّرْكِ الْأَسْفَلِ مِنَ النَّارِ وَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُمْ نَصِيرًا [ Indeed hypocrites (will be) in the lowest depth of the Hell Fire and you ( O' Prophet - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) will not find any helper for them. ] (An-Nisa - 145).It is in Quran - وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّنِ افْتَرَىٰ عَلَى اللَّهِ كَذِبًا أَوْ كَذَّبَ بِآيَاتِهِ ۗ إِنَّهُ لَا يُفْلِحُ الظَّالِمُونَ [ And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah or (he who) gives the lie to His communications (verses of Quran); surely the unjust will not be successful.( Al-An'aam-21)ONENESS (TAWHEED) OF SALAFI SKY GODSalafis translate Islamic Kalima as "There is no Deity (Idol) save Allah. When they say Allah is one, they mean that the Big Deity or Idol sitting on the skies is one, unique and no other Deity or Idol is like him. They worship this idol 5 times a day.
Ibn Taymiyaah who propagated Paganism in the name of Islam, invented a theory of their Idol's Tawheed or Oneness of their Planetary human-like-Idol which was later elaborated by other Salafi Scholars. According to Salafis, the oneness of their Sky God consists of three things.(i) Tawheed-ar-Rububiyya
(ii) Tawheed al-Uloohiyya, and
(iii) Tawheed-al-Asma-was-SifaatIn Tawheed-ar-Rububiyya, they claim that their Planetary human-like-Idol is "Rabb" ( Sustainer) of all creatures and human beings in the Universe.In Tawheed-al-Uloohiya, they claim that their Planetary human-like-Idol is Divine. They prostrate in front of this Idol. They say that they only ask from their Sky Idol God and from no one else. They demand all Muslims to bow down in front of their Planetary human-like-Idol. Whoever does not do that, they call him Mushrik.In Tawheed al-Asma-was-Sifaat, they claim that their Planetary human-like-Idol is 'compassionate, merciful and all that. They paste all attributes of Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) on their Planetary human-like-Idol.As a matter of fact, they copy-paste all Quranic verses and Ahadith about Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) on their Planetary human-like-Idol by misinterpreting their meanings. These facts show that by calling their Planetary human-like-Idol as Allah, Salafis have led millions of people into Idol worship and all of them will sure be in a lot of trouble on the Day of Judgement.
PROPHET MOHAMMAD (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) WARNINGS ABOUT SALAFIS AND THEIR LIKE MINDED GROUPS
On the Day of Judgment when Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) will question the people ‘were not you warned about the danger of following your Sect’s beliefs when you were clearly told by the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)?
The followers of deviant sects and their sub groups may probably reply that, O’Our Lord, the preachers of these sects approached and convinced us repeatedly in groups, through television, through religious speeches / Sermons in Juma prayers in mosques, through books, newspapers, and other media. They offered us financial assistance, jobs and made us believe their wrong faith by their oratory skills, from their religious pious looking dresses, long beards, misintepretation of Quran and Ahadith using their exceptional memory and religious arguments and debates. We were innocent, we were not in a position to identify these disguised Robbers of our faith. O’our Lord, we were innocent Muslims, we became victims of their political, organizational and financial network. Kindly forgive us.
Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) will say that the time to ask forgiveness is over. The exam is over and today is the day of result. Today, justice will be served to every one. Today mercy will be showered only on true believers and they will be rewarded more than their expectations.
It is Quran - يَوْمَئِذٍ يَصْدُرُ النَّاسُ أَشْتَاتًا لِّيُرَوْا أَعْمَالَهُمْ - فَمَن يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيْرًا يَرَهُ - وَمَن يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ شَرًّا يَرَهُ [ That day people will return to their Lord being in different ways so that they may be shown their deeds. Then whosoever has done good of a weight of an atom shall see it. Whosoever has done evil of a weight of an atom shall see it. (Al-Zalzalah – 6-8).
Then Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) may tell the followers of these sects, go to Hell along with your founders/preachers/leaders. The Angels of torment will drag all those who were following these sects and throw them into Hell fire to burn permanently.
Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) has forewarned us from the above eventuality. He prophesied that certain individuals and Sects will rise in his Umma who will cause dissension, mischief and tribulation, particularly in the last centuries before Qiyamah.
Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) made particular reference to a place called Najd in Eastern Arabian Peninsula and explained the characteristics of the evil people/ groups who will rise from there. Read the warnings of Prophet Mohammad () to Muslims about Salafis in end times.
(1) It is in Hadith - Abu Huzaifa (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrates a Hadith concerning the leaders of the mischief makers saying ‘I swear by Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) that Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) has not left out (mentioning) a single leader of Fitna from this day to the day of Qiyamah. (Abu Dawood).
(2) It is in Hadith - It is narrataed on the authority of Abdullah Ibn Umar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) once prayed for Syria and Yemen. It is narrated that there were some people of Najd also present in the gathering and they requested the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to make supplication (du'a) for Najd also. Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) continued saying: ‘O! Allah, Shower Blessings on Syria and Yemen’. The people of Najd again requested the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to offer prayers for Najd. Then the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: ‘It is a place of tremor and mischief (Fitna) and the Horn of Shaitaan will rise from there.’ (Bukhari)
The above Hadith clearly specifies following conclusive points.
- It is abundantly clear that the place called Najd is not blessed from Islamic point of view as Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) called it a place of Fitna and Evil.
- This place is deprived of the prayers of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) .
- Hoping of any Islamic good coming out of this place is against the Will of Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ).
- In these circumstances, the Wahhabi/Salafi revivalist movement coming out of Najd cannot be good or virtuous. As per Prophet’s (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) prophecy this movement is tribulation and fitna in Islam. We pray Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) to safeguard us from this Fitna.
- The Arabic word used in the above Hadith is ‘Qarnush Shaitaan’, which means the horn of Shaitaan. In Misbahul Lughaat (page 663) the meaning of this word is written as ‘One who follows the advice of Shaitaan'. Therefore, as per the Hadith, the Islamic revivalist Wahhabi movement is indeed following the advice of Satan.
- For the past 100 years, this tribulation (Fitna) has gradually swept the entire world. Millions of innocent Muslims have become victims of this movement. Salafis and their like minded deviant sects have mislead millions of innocent Muslims with the slogans of Shirk, Kufr, Biddah, etc.
- When we look at the geographical position of Najd, it lies to the East of Madinah. In other Ahadith, it is mentioned that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) pointed his hand towards the East and said, ‘there, that is the direction from where Fitna will emerge.
(3) This Hadith is mentioned in Sahih Muslim. Abdullah bin Umar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrates that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) once emerged from the room of Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) and pointing towards East (Najd) exclaimed, 'This is the center of Kufr from where the horn of Shaitaan will rise'. (Sahih Muslim).
(4) Sayyid Ahmad Ibn Zayni al-Dahlan (d - 1886 AD), Mufti of Makka and Shaikh al-Islam in Hijaz, narrates an authentic Hadith in his book 'Addarus Sunniah'. Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is reported to have said: ‘There will rise a group of people in the East who will recite the Holy Quran, but the Quran will not go beyond their throat. This group will keep rising till the Day of Judgment and they will eventually rise with Dajjal. Their main symbol will be (they will) sit in groups (Halqa).’ (Addarus Sunniah, P. 50)
The above Hadith describes that the center of Kufr and Shaitaan is no other place except Najd situated in the East of Madina. The above Hadith mentions about the Group of so-called Muslims who will recite Quran in melodious voices but it will not penetrate beyond their throat. Meaning, they will not understand its meaning. In the guise of inviting masses towards Quran and Sunnah, they will actually take them far away from Islam.
When we examine the above Ahadith carefully, we will realize without any fear of contradiction and without any doubt that the reference in these Ahadith is made to none other than Wahhabis / Salafis and their like minded groups, viz, Ahle Hadith, Deo bandis, Tablighis, Jama'at-e-Islami, etc.
(5) Allama Dahlan quoted another Hadith. Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: ‘During the initial part of my Dawah in Makka, I particularly invited outside tribes who used to arrive during the Hajj season. From these tribes the most hostile and ugly reaction was from the Banu Hanifa tribe’ (Addarus Sunniah, P- 52).
(6) Allama Dahlan also quoted another Hadith. Abu Bakr Siddiq (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) reported that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, From the tribes that live in Waadi Hanifa, Fitna shall emerge till the final era. That valley shall be notorious for its fitna because of the rise of false leaders. (Addarus Sunniah, P- 52).
(7) It is in Tirmizi. Imran, the son of Hazrat Haseen (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) reports that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) disliked three tribes life long, (i) Banu Saqeef, (ii) Banu Hanifa, and (iii) Banu Umayya.
(8) It is reported in Mishkat from Abu Said Khudri (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) who narrates that, ‘Once we were in the presence of Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). He was distributing booties (Spoils of War) when a person named Zul-Khawaisara, who was from the tribe of Banu Tamim addressed the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) ‘Oh Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) Be Just!’. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) replied: ‘A Great pity that you have doubts; if I am unjust then who will be just; you are a loser and a failure’. Zul-Khawaisara's attitude infuriated Hazrat Umar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) and he pleaded with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to permit him to slay Zul-Khawaisara. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) remarked: ‘Leave him, as his slaying will serve no good, as he is not the only individual but there are a host of others like him and if you compare their prayers and fasting to that of yours, you yourself will feel ashamed. These are the people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, with all these apparent virtues they will leave the fold of Deen just like the arrow leaves the bow." (Miskhat, P. 535).
(9) The above Hadith has also been narrated as follows: ‘A person with eyes protruding, with a long beard and head clean-shaven came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and declared: 'O Muhammad! (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) fear Allah. ' The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) replied: ‘If I disobey Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ), then who else will obey Him? I am obedient to Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) at all times and never disobedient. Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) has sent me as Amin (Honest for the entire world, but you don't accept me as honest) A Sahabi (Companion) became infuriated and sought permission to remove him from the presence of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) prevented the Sahabi from doing so. After the person had left, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: ‘From his progeny (descendants) will rise a Group who will recite the Holy Quran but it will not go below their throats. They will leave the Deen (Islam) just as an arrow leaves the bowstring. They will kill Muslims but spare the idolaters. If I ever confronted these people I would slaughter them just as the people of Aad had been destroyed'. (Mishkat, pp/535).
Historians have mentioned that Ibn Abdul Wahhab belonged to Banu Tamim tribe. The House of Sauds belonged to Banu Hanifah tribe. All historians have mentioned that the place of birth of Ibn Abdul Wahhab is Dariya, in Najd. These are photo finish facts confirming the nature of Wahhabi movement.
(10) Shareekh Ibn Shihab (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrates a similar incident of a person who displayed disrespect towards Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). He has stated that Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said ‘towards Qiyamah there will be a Group of people who will recite the Holy Quran but it will not go below their throats. They will leave the true Religion of Islam as fast as an arrow leaves the bow. They will be recognized by the shavings of their entire head and they will move in Groups and their last Group will emerge with Dajjal. When you meet them you will discover their nature and character, the worst of its kind.' (Mishkat p. 309).
Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) has mentioned many signs that will show up a few centuries before Qiyamah.
Most of those signs have appeared during our life times. When we study above Ahadith together, it is not difficult to identify the group of people Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) has cautioned us to be away from. Anybody can conclude that the group mentioned in Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) Ahadith is none other than Salafis and their subsequent offshoots.
An important sign to identify these misguided people mentioned by Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is that they will be so punctual and devoted to Salah to the extent that one will feel ashamed of his own Salah as compared to theirs.
(11) Abu Saeed Khudri (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) and Anas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) reported that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) stated: ‘My Ummah is destined to differ and be divided. So a group will rise whose talks will sound very good but their character will be misleading. They will read the Quran but it will not descend below their throats (meaning they will not understand its meanings). They will leave Deen just as an arrow pierces and goes right through the prey. They will not return to Islam. They are the worst of creation because of their nature and constitution. They will call the people towards the Quran and Deen while in reality they will have nothing to do with Islam. Whoever will confront them, he will be the most beloved servant of Allah. The Sahaba inquired: "Ya Rasoolullah, (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) what is their sign?" He replied: "Sitting in Halqa (circle). (Mishkat, p. 308).
(12) Hazrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) once said: "I swear by Allah that, to fall from the sky to the Earth is very simple for me, but to utter one false word in reference to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is a very difficult and impossible task for me."
Hazrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) then narrated, 'I heard Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) as saying that as the Day of Qiyamah approaches there will appear a group of youths with a low mental capacity and understanding, apparently they will talk good but their Imaan will not go beyond their throat and they will leave the true Deen like an arrow leaves the bow. Wherever you find them, you should make Jihaad against them. (Bukhari)
(13) This Hadith is reported by Abu Naim in his book titled 'Huliya'. Hazrat Abu Umana Bahili (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrates that Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said ‘Before the Day of Qiyamah, they (the misguided sects/groups) will spread and attack bitterly like the small and the large insects and whosoever witnesses this period must seek refuge in Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ). (Huliya).
(14) Hassan Basri (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrated that ‘The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said that there will come a time when people will speak of worldly affairs in mosque and when this period arrives, keep away from such people as Allah (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) has no relation with them." (Mishkaat).
When we look at the big gatherings of these sects, we realize that the prophesy of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is happening in front of our eyes. The innocent Muslims go to these Ijtimas / comparative religion debates thinking that they are doing service to Islam. We find huge number of students from schools, colleges, madressas in these gatherings who eventually become victims of these sects.
It is mentioned in the above Ahadith that these groups will multiply like insects and ants. We are seeing the same thing happening in front of our eyes. Thousands of simple minded Muslims are falling prey to these sects. The books and Dawa literature of these sects is available all over the world, in book stores, media, internet and it has penetrated in every single Muslim home.
Indeed, these groups are the happening portrait of Prophet’s (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) prophecies.
(15) Allama Dahlan quotes in his book 'Addarus Sunnia' a Hadith of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) which states as follows.
"There will be a Group of people emerging from the East (Najd) who will recite Holy Quran but it will not go down their throats. They will leave the fold of Islam like an arrow leaves the bow never to return. A feature to recognize this Group is that their heads would be shaven clean or they will sit in circles)’. (Addarus Sunnia, P. 49).
Let us look at the seriousness of these Ahadith. Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is cautioning us that whoever follows these groups, will go out of Islam as the arrow goes out of the bow, never to return back. Meaning, the chances of returning back to Correct Islamic Faith for them are nil. Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar.
Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) has repeatedly cautioned us about this danger in many Ahadiths. In spite of these warnings, if we fall prey to these sects' Dawa, then no one can save us from Allah’s (عَزَّ وَجَلَّ) torment (Azab).
It is our experience that whatever Quranic and Ahadith references you place before them, whatever evidence you provide to bring them back to the straight path of Islam, it falls on their deaf ears. They are not willing to listen to reason and evidence of any kind. It seems their fate is sealed.
(16) Imam Abu Ya'la narrates that Anas Bin Malik (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) reported that in Medina, there lived a very pious youngster. One day we made reference about this youngster to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). In spite of the Sahaba describing the youngster's features and character to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) did not recognize the youngster made mention of. However, a few days later, while we were in the company of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), the young man passed that way. On seeing the young man, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) exclaimed: 'I see the scabs of Shaitaan imprinted on his face. The youngster then approached the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and made salutation. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) then said to him. 'Is it not true that right now you are thinking that there is no one better than yourself here?. 'The youngster then replied. 'Yes, these thoughts did pass my mind. 'He then walked away into the Masjid. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) then inquired as to who will kill this person. Hazrat Abu Bakr (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) volunteered to do so and entered the Masjid and saw the person he was deeply engrossed in performing Salaat and he remembered a Hadith of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) which prohibited one from killing a person who is performing his Salah and returned to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم).
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) again inquired as to who will kill the youngster, this time Hazrat Umar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) volunteered to kill him and entered the Masjid and found the youngster performing his Sajda and with the same thoughts as Hazrat Abu Bakr (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ), Hazrat Umar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) returned to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم).
For the third time the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) again inquired who will kill the youngster, this time Hazrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) volunteered to do so, the Prophet(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, 'You will surely kill him, if you find him.'
When Hazrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) entered the Masjid, he was surprised to see that the youngster was no longer in the Masjid and he too like the others returned to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: 'If you had only killed him then all the Fitna in my Ummah till Day of Qiyamah would have been wiped out and no two persons in my Ummah would have fought between themselves.’ (Ibreez , p. 277 - Allama Shah Abdul Aziz Dabbaag)
(17) Allama Dahlaan, the Mufti of Makka, and famous Islamic historian writes that Zul Khuwaisra - the man who showed disrespect to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was from the tribe of Bani Tamim and Ibn Abdul Wahhab was from the descendants of Bani Tamim". (Addarus Sunniah, p. 51).
Wahhabis and their like minded groups misguide innocent Muslims saying that these Ahadith are with reference to Kharijites. But, the truth is that these Ahadith certainly do not fit Kharajite because they were not exclusively hailed from Najd and they were not the descendants of Bani Tamim Tribe.
It is a known fact Musailima Kadhab, the lier, who declared himself a prophet also hailed from Najd.
Wahhabis try to manipulate the Hadith mentioned at # 2 above. We repeat that Hadith again.
It is in Hadith - It is narrataed on the authority of Abdullah Ibn Umar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) once prayed for Syria and Yemen. It is narrated that there were some people of Najd also present in the gathering and they requested the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to make supplication (du'a) for Najd also. Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) continued saying: ‘O! Allah, Shower Blessings on Syria and Yemen’. The people of Najd again requested the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to offer prayers for Najd. Then the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: ‘It is a place of tremor and mischief (Fitna) and the Horn of Shaitaan will rise from there.’ (Bukhari, Vol 2)
They say that the Dua (Prophet's ﷺ supplication) was not made for Najd. Rather it was made for Iraq. They should understand that in Prophets (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) Hadith there is a mention of Syria and Yemen and not the type of land, therefore the word Najd in this Hadith definitely refers to the place Najd itself which is in Saudi Arabia, and not in Iraq." The following Ahadith clearly establishes the location of Najd.It is in Hadith - Narrated by Imam Nasa’i (Manasik al-Hajj, 22), ‘A’isha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) declared that ‘Allah’s Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) established the 'miqat' for the people of Madina at Dhu’l-Hulayfa, for the people of Syria and Egypt at al-Juhfa, for the people of Iraq at Dhat Irq, and for the people of Najd at Qarn, and for the Yemenis at Yalamlam.’It is in Hadith - Imam Muslim (Hajj, 2) narrates a similar Hadith: ‘for the people of Madina it is Dhu’l-Hulayfa - while on the other road it is al-Juhfa - for the people of Iraq it is Dhat Irq, for the people of Najd it is Qarn, and for the people of Yemen it is Yalamlam.
Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) Ahadith clearly mention the place 'Najd' which points out directly, and unequivocally to the rise of Ibn Abdul Wahhab Najdi as 'the horn of Satan'. There is no single person in the History of Islam who has created so much bloodshed, tribulation and discord among Muslims. Anyone reading these Ahadith and looking at the history of Islam will easily be convinced that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is indeed pointing out about Wahhabi tribulation in his Ahadith.
Abdul Haq, the Muhaddis of Delhi writes, ‘The Kharajees were not the descendants of Zul Khuwaisra." (Ashatul Lamaat, Commentary on Mishkat p. 535). The Wahhabis are from his descendants.
Tafsir al-Jalalayn is one of the popular tafasirs for the study of the Qur’an. Composed by the two “Jalals” (i) Jalal al-Din al-Mahalli 1459 CE (d. 864 AH) and his pupil (ii) Jalal al-Din al-Suyuti 1505 CE (d. 911 AH).
Famous Maliki Scholar Ahmad Sawi (1825 AD) wrote a commentary ( Hashiya) on the Tafsir Jalain. This commentary is called Hashiya al-Sawi ‘ ala al-Jalalayn.
Quran 35: 6 ( verse 6 of sura Faatir) states “Truly, the Devil is an enemy to you, so take him as an enemy: he only calls his party to become of the inhabitants of the blaze"
In explaining this verse, Ahmad Sawi writes in his commentary as follows.
“It is said this verse was revealed about the Kharijites ( foretelling their appearance), who altered the interpretation of the Qur’an and Sunna, on the strength of which they declared it lawful to kill and take the property of Muslims—as may now be seen in their modern counterparts; namely, a sect in the Hijaz called "Wahhabis," who "think they are on something, truly they are the liars. Satan has gained mastery over them and made them forget Allah’s remembrance. Those are Satan’s party, truly Satan’s party, they are the losers" (Qur’an 58:18–19 We ask Allah Most Generous to extirpate them completely”
The above note is available in the following 3 Editions.
Reference (1) 1930 edition, printed in Cairo [‘Isa al-Babi al-Halabi edition, Vol 3 . page 255]
Reference (2) 1937 edition, printed in Cairo [Maktaba al-Mashhad al-Husayni edition, Vol 3 , page 307-308]
Reference (3) 1970 Edition, printed in Beirut .[ Dar Ihya’ al-Turath al-‘Arabi , vol 3 , page 307-308]
But Wahhabis are famous for changing religious books. They published a new edition of the above work from [Dar al-Fikr in Beirut , offset of the same old printing ], but with a surreptitious change.
In the third volume, part of the bottom line of page 307 and the top line of 308 have been whited out, eliminating the words "namely, a sect in the Hijaz called ‘Wahhabis,’" removing the basic point of what the author is trying to say about the modern counterparts of the Kharijites. In another later edition in 1993, Dar al-Fikr, Beirut has deleted the above line completely using modern computing technology.
It is important that we give a serious thought to the above warnings of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and correct our Islamic faith and ensure our salvation on the Day of Judgment.